Convention: Looking for volunteers, entertainment, and… (*surprise inside*)
As we close in on the 150th anniversary of Canada, we’ll soon be approaching 150 days until the CAPS Convention in Ottawa, December 9-11! Are you ready? We are!!
Well, we’re *mostly* ready.
The truth is, WE NEED YOU! We need your generous spirit, your possible talent (and yes, eating 6 Beaver Tails in less than 6 minutes is definitely considered a talent), and your desire to make this an unforgettable Convention. Please consider the many ways in which you can contribute:
- Call for Volunteers! Our Conventions are so successful due to the work of our volunteers, and we need your help to make this Convention one of the best! If you’re willing to help out, please fill out this form. In return, you can be prepared to receive endless appreciation, public gratitude, and maybe even a hug or two.
- The Convention website is getting updated with new & exciting information all the time! Feel free to check it out at www.capsconvention.com to see what we’ve got so far (including our super-cool mainstage speakers!), and stay tuned for further updates.
- Travel: It’s not too early to start booking your travel to Ottawa!
- CAPS Toronto & CAPS SWO: Get a ride on the CAPS CARES TRAIN! Get more information.
- Travel discounts on Air Canada, WestJet, and Via Rail are now available. Get more details.
- Book your hotel at the special CAPS group rate of $179/night! Reserve now at the beautiful Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre.
Are YOU more fun than a barrel of monkeys?
Gotta sing? Gotta dance? Then, please, consider throwing your hat in the spotlight to ‘Entertain Us’ at Convention!
The CAPS Convention 2017 team is looking for home-grown entertainment EXPERTS to showcase their expertise in Ottawa. If you have high-quality entertainment worthy of rocking the house of the 2017 CAPS National Convention, then… WE WANT YOU!
Get ready to prep your 2-minute video pitch for the convention to consider YOU as the ‘spotlight kid’! More details are coming soon…stay tuned!
Heading to Ottawa this summer?
There are so many things to check out in Ottawa this summer! The musically-delicious Bluesfest(July 6-16); Ottawa Chamberfest, the world’s largest chamber music festival (July 22-August 3), and the breathtaking MosaiCanada (until October 15).
p.s. Want to know about the *surprise* that we alluded to in the subject line? It’s just that we can’t wait to see you and enjoy some birthday cake to celebrate CAPS 20th and Canada’s 150th with you in Ottawa in December.
Talk to you again very soon, CAPS friends!