If you are an expert who speaks and you are looking for a community of your peers you should explore CAPS. If you want to learn from world-class experts, share your own successful initiatives and grow your business you should belong to Canada’s leading association of professional speakers.
Currently, there are five National membership categories for which you may apply.
Professional Membership – Any individual shall be eligible for Professional membership in the Association
- Has received monetary payments for at least twenty (20) presentations within the 12 months prior to application; or has
- given at least twenty (20) presentations to a live audience as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application; or has
- made at least $25,000 giving presentations within 12 months prior to application.
Candidate Membership – Any individual shall be eligible for Candidate membership in the Association
- Earns a portion of his or her income from at least 10 fee-paid engagements within no time limit;
- Any Candidate member can renew only once with a total maximum membership period of up to twenty-four months upon meeting the criteria, after which he or she must become a professional member.
Supplier Membership – Any individual or company shall be eligible for Supplier membership in the Association
- Is a Speakers Bureau(s); or a
- Supplier of materials, equipment or services to professional speakers.
GSF Dual Membership – Any individual shall be eligible for GSF Dual membership in the Association
- Any Member in good standing of a GSF (Global Speakers Federation) Member Association, outside of CAPS, that meets the minimum Professional Member criteria, may become a Dual Member upon application and payment of dues;
- This membership category is not available to members whose primary residence is Canada.
Retired Membership – Any individual shall be eligible for Retired membership in the Association
- Has been a professional member of CAPS for five years;
- Has no more than five fee-paid speaking engagements per year
If you’re currently speaking as part of your job and are considering a full time career as a professional speaker, there is no better place to be. We provide programs, information, and access to fellow experts on a regular and local basis anywhere in Canada.
If you’re just starting out on a speaking career, we have “emerging speaker “ training programs through our Chapters across the country. Your local Chapter will gladly provide you with all the necessary resources to get you well on your way.
Suppliers also have an important role in our association. If you’d like to apply for membership as a provider to the speaking industry, we invite you to fill out an application.