CAPS cares about the community …and we need your help!
You’ve heard it so many times before.
CAPS Cares about its members, CAPS Cares about its association, and now… CAPS Cares about its community. It’s no surprise that our members are giving, generous, and community-minded. I mean, we uplift people for a living — it’s what we do! And now, we get another chance to do it, and make a HUGE impact on our community.
At the 2017 CAPS Convention in Ottawa, we’ll be undertaking a one-of-a-kind program to raise funds – and wardrobe accessories — for THREE very deserving charities.
Here’s the deal (in an easy, step-by-step format):
- We’re asking you, our members – both male and female – to bring your used, but good condition, jewelry (you know, those “this is just not me anymore!” beauties), cuff links, ties, and unused hotel toiletries to the Ottawa Convention.
- When you get to Convention, deposit these wardrobe accessories and unused toiletries on the CAPS Cares table near registration.
- If you see something that you like, buy it! Everything on the table will be sold for a flat fee of $20 CASH. So if or when you purchase something, simply place your $20 CASH in the lock box at the table, and enjoy your new accessory!
Now HERE’S the cool part: (although we do agree that purchasing one of your fellow members’ treasure for $20 is cool, but wait….there’s more):
- Any UNSOLD jewelry, and the hotel toiletries, will be donated to Dress For Success, a charity that helps women achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help them get into the work force then thrive in work and in life.
- Any UNSOLD cuff links and ties will be donated to Suit His Style, an Ottawa-based charity that supports the employment opportunities of men in need by providing professional attire with the vision of a world in which everyone is given the opportunity to excel.
- All money raised through the sale of these items will be donated to the Canadian Veteran Service Dog Unit , an organization that provides trained service dogs and support to military and first responder veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Operational Stress Injury (OSI).
My dear CAPS friends….can you imagine the impact you can have on the lives of countless individuals, JUST by participating in this program?
Bring your old accessories – bring accessories from your significant other, friends, or family – clean out your drawers from all your hotel toiletries (which we think we’re going to use, but be honest….aside from one or two in your gym bag, they’re taking up way too much space in your bathroom drawer, right?). And once you’re at Convention….have fun shopping! And just know that whatever you bring might give someone a chance to turn their lives around with meaningful employment, and whatever you spend will be donated towards bringing a furry friend into the lives of our veterans.
CAPS really cares. You know it. We know it. And now, our community will get to experience it.
So don’t forget – bring your wardrobe accessories and your unused toiletries to Convention – and you’ll see how that simple act will help change lives.
Rhonda & Lisa
p.p.s. Feel free to start using the CAPS Convention hashtag — #CAPS2017 – in your social media!