Loading Events

« All Events

CAPS Alberta June 2024 Super Saturday

June 15, 2024 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm MDT

Join us for an exciting and educational morning to move your speaking, coaching, and / or training business forward.

Emcee Tim Briethaupt

Getting to the Bank, More Often

Tim delivers simplistic, upbeat, content rich presentations helping entrepreneurs boost productivity. Discover how to navigate through the sales cycle and avoid common “Bank Barriers” and get to the bank, more often. Customers want a satisfying, trusting interaction where a good sale is a good purchase. Your goal is to determine if you are an attractive solution for the customer’s needs. To that end, Tim draws on his extensive experience to deliver current trends to impact your bottom line.

See you at the Bank.

Tim is founder and president of Calgary based Spectrum Training Solutions. For 30 years he has partnered with Fortune 500 companies helping them to elevate bottom line results. His straightforward approach, coupled with humor demystifies selling and fosters a quiet confidence to reveal the customers’ expectations and deliver value added solutions. Tim is the author of the bestseller, “Take This job and Love It”. Tim is past President of CAPS Alberta and a member since 2000.

Jason Reid

Build a More Profitable Speaking Business with the Right Stories

Stories not only provide engaging content but the type of stories you tell also affect how much you make as a speaker. In this session you’ll learn how different types stories can get you more bookings and how a story’s point of view affects your bottom line whether you’re doing a keynote, workshop or something in between.

Jason Reid has more than thirty years of experience creating award-winning content for both the screen and the speaking stage. At 18 years old he spent the first of three years training under Canada’s favourite storyteller Stuart MacLean. He also spent time at Paramount Studios, where he learned from Oscar and Emmy-winning screenwriters. Jason eventually moved into television news, winning several awards as head of content at The Weather Network before becoming a professional speaker in 2010.

Brandi Heather

Making Yourself Unforgettable: Why Audiences Pay to Play

Stand out in a world brimming with choices and distractions. Brandi Heather brings a wealth of expertise and experience in workplace culture, employee retention and engagement to creating experiences for you clients that make you unforgettable. Come find out how science and play meet to improve your bottom line.

Brandi Heather leads with 25 years in human services and adult education and stands as a testament to the transformative influence of play on mental health, burnout prevention, employee engagement, and workplace culture. Her passion lies in reinvigorating the heartbeat of organizations and people who feel exhausted, disengaged, and lacking creative drive. She is changing the face of working together by getting people back “in play”.

Kristen Light

Inclusive Invitations for Equitable Events: Promoting Accessibility for Guest with Invisible Disabilities

“This event is fully accessible.” – This much-lauded phrase is undoubtedly a welcome addition to event marketing, however most planners are shocked to learn that the accessibility it generally infers only covers about 4% of guests with disabilities; namely those using wheelchairs or other visible mobility aids. The other 96% with chronic medical conditions live with invisible disabilities; including physical, mental, and neurodivergent challenges. With 1 in 10 falling into this latter category, they represent an enormous population of untapped potential event attendees that planners and promoters may be inadvertently excluding. Kristin Light, event marketing veteran and invisible disabilities advocate, shares the tangible tweaks and subtle changes we can all make to improve the inclusiveness and accessibility of our live events for folks with invisible disabilities, thus welcoming the other 96% to the party!

Co-founder of Refvik & Light Productions, her boldly simplistic marketing strategy launched the event company from literal rubble to multi-six-figure revenue in its first full year. During the pandemic, Kristin pivoted to create K•Light Digital Charisma, a uniquely positioned digital marketing consulting agency. Today, Kristin is channelling her lived experience to drive change from within Canada’s corporate world – specializing in employee engagement and accessibility for the Metrolinx-led ONxpress transportation venture, where she is proudly helping shape the future of corporate responsibility through resolute mental wellness and neuro-inclusive initiatives.


June 15, 2024
9:30 am - 12:30 pm MDT
Event Category:
View Event Website


Hotel Blackfoot
5940 Blackfoot Trail Southeast, Calgary, AB T2H 2B5
Calgary, T2H 2B5 CA
+ Google Map


CAPS Calgary
View Organizer Website