*Please Submit the Agreement and Required Items in its entirety by January 31, 2020
Every year we ask our Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) Chapters to complete a Chapter Affiliation Agreement (CAA) that serves as a renewed charter so that your chapter may continue to function as an affiliated Chapter of the CAPS with all of the rights, privileges, and obligations that such an affiliation creates. This renewed affiliation agreement is an important part of CAPS governance and runs from January 1 to December 31 of each year.
We are asking you to please complete the steps listed below by January 31, 2020.
Please note that Chapter Rebates for April 1st, 2020 membership renewals will only be sent to a Chapter once the Chapter CAA is completed in full and returned.
In addition, Chapter Charters that remain incomplete as of March 1, 2020, risk an automatic suspension of their Chapter Charter. To avoid this situation, we ask you to please ensure that you complete all of the steps listed below prior to January 31, 2020
Complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the ‘Chapter Affiliation Agreement’ by January 31, 2020
- Complete the ‘Chapter BOD Members List’ and their respective roles.
- Complete the ‘Chapter Financial Reporting Form’ for the 2019 Association year.
- Attach a copy of your Chapter’s current working bylaws.
- Ensure your 2020 President and 2021 President are confirmed to attend the annual CAPS Leadership Summit – September 7 – 9, 2020. Location – Delta Marriott Airport Hotel – Toronto. (info will be sent on this event later in the year).