Convention 2017: This year, it’s all about YOU!
You’re probably basking in mid-summer vacation time, but just think….in less 150 days, we’ll be deep in an Ottawa winter at the CAPS Convention, celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary (and CAPS’ 20th anniversary). If that isn’t good news, I don’t know what is!
But wait, it gets better. We’ve got some awesome updates to share!
- Our mainstage speakers are booked.
- Our concurrent sessions have been confirmed.
- Our emcees have all said “yes!”
- Our Rising Stars will be showcasing their talents on the main stage.
- Our panel moderators are ready to ask questions to our variety of panelists, made up of CAPS members from across Canada.
Think THAT’S exciting?! Well…you’re totally right, it is! But do you know what else is exciting?
That this Convention is here to address YOUR needs. Answer YOUR questions. And help you grow YOUR business in a multitude of ways.
While we don’t want to give it ALL away, here’s a sneak peek:
Have you ever asked yourself:
- “What leading edge and easy to use production techniques can I use that will provide me with strong audience engagement and purchase action?” Then you’ll definitely want to check out Webinars – The How’s And Why’s Of A Great Marketing Channel, with Scott Armstrong (CAPS Vancouver).
- “How do I come up with awesome ideas, design new projects, and collaborate with others to invent more opportunities than I thought possible?” Then you won’t want to miss How To Have Better Ideas More Often, with Joel Hilchey, CSP (CAPS Toronto), and Brandon Love.
- “How do I Live Stream using Facebook Live, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter and what affordable solutions/equipment can I use that will have me looking like a PRO?” then you’ll want to get there early to get a good seat for LiveStream Like A PRO! with Melissa Schenk (CAPS Southwestern Ontario)
- “What are my plans for the next 5 years? Will I carry on as is, downshift to part time, retool and refocus, partner and collaborate, build fresh interests into current offerings, sell the business, or tack a ‘Gone Fishing’ sign on my website and close up shop?” Then you’ll want to attend What Now? What Next? Is There Life After Speaking? with Patricia Katz, HoF (CAPS Saskatchewan)
- Is the buzz about me helping or hurting my business? Is there even a buzz at all? Then stop into the CSP and HoF-only session, Your Repumeter: How To Become The Known Expert In Your Field, with Steve Lowell, CSP (CAPS Ottawa).
So much more to come!
In other Convention news that you don’t want to miss (seriously, keep reading, don’t miss this…)
- We still need volunteers! Beaver Tails alone are not enough to make the Convention a success. If you’re willing to help out, please fill out this form so that we can add you to our “Favorite People in the World” list. And then we’ll contact you with some ways that you can help.
- The Convention website is being updated all the time! Registration will open shortly, but in the meantime, visit capsconvention.com to see what we’ve got so far.
Foundation Night: “Coming Home” – The 2017 CAPS Family Reunion FUNraiser
CAPS… is a family affair. And that’s why each year at convention we celebrate coming home to your CAPS family with a down-home family reunion geared at having fun and raising FUNd$ for the CAPS Foundation*. Come ‘home’ to the capital and enjoy it at its best — atop the Delta overlooking the Ottawa skyline and the Parliament buildings — all dressed up in lights for the holiday season!
Information, registration, and details about the amazing lineup of items for the LIVE auction (and great deals in the online SILENT auction) will follow soon!
Travel information update!
- Plan to arrive by Friday night, Dec. 8, before 7pm for a special surprise event (and also so that you can attend Pre-Convention on Saturday)! Hint: If you register for Pre-Convention on Saturday, you will be able to attend a special “invitation only” event on Friday night that will really knock your socks off! Information on Pre-Convention is coming shortly, but in the meantime, plan your travel accordingly — and spend an extra night in fabulous Ottawa!
- Travel discounts: Air Canada, WestJet, and Via Rail are offering travel discounts for us! Get more details.
- Hotel: Book your room at the Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre at the special CAPS group rate of $179/night!
Talk to you again very soon, CAPS friends!